Tavares out indefinitely with a concussion
Luke Fox: Toronto Maple Leafs coach Sheldon Keefe confirms that John Tavares suffered a concussion last night.
Leafs PR: Statement from the Maple Leafs regarding Tavares.
“Toronto Maple Leafs captain John Tavares has been discharged from the hospital this morning. He was thoroughly examined and assessed by the neurosurgical team at St. Michael’s Hospital and the club’s medical director. He was kept overnight for observation and is now resting at home under the care and supervision of team physicians. Tavares will be out indefinitely.”
Canucks extend Green
Vancouver Canucks: The Canucks have extended head coach Travis Green to multi-year contract extension.
“We are excited to have Travis Green continue to lead the Canucks as head coach and move forward from a challenging year to focus on future seasons,” said Benning. Our plan has always been to draft and develop a young core and surround them with supporting players who can help us win. We have some of the best young players in the NHL and I believe Travis is the right coach to help us achieve team success and a return to the playoffs.”
NHL Draft Lottery Odds
NHL.com: The 2021 NHL draft lottery will take place on June 2nd. The 2021 NHL draft will be held on July 23rd and 24th.
There are some changes to this year’s lottery – “the number of drawings was reduced from three to two. The first draw will determine which team receives the No. 1 pick and the second draw will determine which team gets the No. 2 pick.”
The Buffalo Sabres finished last and can now draft no lower than No. 3. Under the previous lotteries, the Sabres could fall to No. 4.
If the Arizona Coyotes win the lottery, there will be a redraw. The Coyotes lost their 2021 1st round pick for violating the NHL Combine Testing Policy.
1. Buffalo Sabres, 16.6 percent
2. Anaheim Ducks, 12.1 percent
3. Seattle Kraken, 10.3 percent
4. New Jersey Devils, 10.3 percent
5. Columbus Blue Jackets, 8.5 percent
6. Detroit Red Wings, 7.6 percent
7. San Jose Sharks, 6.7 percent
8. Los Angeles Kings, 5.8 percent
9. Vancouver Canucks, 5.4 percent
10. Ottawa Senators, 4.5 percent
11. Arizona Coyotes, 3.1 percent
12. Chicago Blackhawks, 2.7 percent
13. Calgary Flames, 2.2 percent
14. Philadelphia Flyers, 1.8 percent
15. Dallas Stars, 1.4 percent
16. New York Rangers, 1.0 percent